What is IVF?
IVF is very popular today because infertile couples can use it to conceive. Couples are learning more about IVF treatment through videos and other resources. Many people are curious about how many IVF injections they should take. We were told by one of our highly skilled IVF doctors. The average IVF procedure takes between 8-14 days. Patients may feel embarrassed to admit that they are afraid or have difficulty talking about their problems with others. Talking to someone about your concerns with a doctor or other professional can help you find the best solution. IVF injections can cause temporary discomfort. The situation will improve after treatment. It can be more difficult for women who fear needles to undergo treatment but taking IVF injection is very simple and straightforward. Let’s know more about the IVF injections & IVF cost in Jaipur for choosing best option for yourself.
What Should You Expect from IVF Injections?
First, not all women find the IVF treatment painful. Although, this is true in some instances. You will be exposed to two types of injections during IVF treatment.
- Subcutaneous injections: This shot involves injecting the medicine under the skin with a small needle. Gonal-F and Follistim are some of the subcutaneous injections. These shots are usually administered around the abdomen or the front of the thighs by doctors. Try to remember, Have you ever looked out for anyone with diabetes that takes insulin shots? The needle used is the one you should remember if yes. This needle is used for most IVF medications. All IVF injections come with an injection pen. When you pinch the injection into your body, you will feel only a sharp pinching sensation. Subcutaneous injections are easy to perform.
- Intramuscular injections (fertility medication): Progesterone in the oil is injected directly into the muscles using a long needle. Many patients find injecting the needle scary. You will feel a slight pinch at the end. Although you can take shots yourself, some prefer to have help from a partner.
Ways to Make IVF Injections Easier to Use?
You can make the IVF injections more comfortable by taking the time to do it correctly. Each woman feels pain differently.
Below are some valuable tips patients have shared with us:
- Talk to your nurse/healthcare attendant: Your attendant will discuss everything with you before giving injections. The conversation will help you understand the process better and make it easier for yourself. You will also be able to see precisely where you need to inject. You can also ask any follow-up questions.
A nurse can help you if you’re nervous about taking IVF injections. Although it is difficult for many patients to do the injections the first time, it becomes much easier once they have done it several times.
- Be calm: If you aren’t relaxed while taking shots, and your muscles become tense, it could cause you to take more damage. Deep breathing, relaxation exercises and other exercises can help you relax before injecting.
- Heating pad: A heating pad is a good option for intramuscular injections. You should apply a heating pad on the injection site for 10 to 12 minutes. In winter, a heating pad can make it easier.
- Use an icebox: Many people have found that applying ice cubes to the injection site makes it less painful.
Try Easy Body Positions While Taking IVF Injections –
Before you take an injection, it is vital to keep your body in a straight and relaxed posture. How the needle gets to your body may affect how you position yourself. Consider a comfortable chair to support you if you are taking shots by yourself. You can also use the bed to assist with injecting if you have someone to help.
Be quick and direct with the procedure. A single, clean motion for injecting is more comfortable than a slow, hesitant motion.
After the Procedure is Completed, Reward Yourself
The injection is over. You can feel happy by watching your favorite movie, eating your favorite food, or doing something you enjoy, which will help your brain get the positive energy needed for your body.
Knowing the procedure will reduce panic if you know what will happen, why, and how treatment will be done. Although the initial injection is the most challenging part of the process, patients become more comfortable with the procedure after a few shots.
Procedure of Taking IVF Injection:-
- You can choose the injection site (thigh, abdomen, or back of upper arms).
- Use alcohol or a cleanser to clean the area you wish to inject. Start at the center of the chosen location and move it in a circular motion. To avoid a cold sensation, allow your skin to dry before you start injecting.
- You can remove the needle cover now from the syringe.
- Take a syringe and hold it in your hand. Place the needle at a 90-degree angle into your skin.
- Hold the syringe like a pen.
- Place the needle on the skin at a 90° angle to the surface.
- Insert a needle tip correctly.
- Next, gently pull the gauge back for checking blood. You can inject the medication slowly by pushing the plunger.
- After injecting the medicine, calmly remove it. However, it would be best if you tried to get it out quickly. If bleeding is visible around the injection site, apply a cotton ball to the area and keep it in place for about 10-15 seconds. Then, remove the cotton ball.
- Sometimes, alternate places are used to inject the next shot.
- Once you are done, dispose of the syringe in a glass container.
IVF Injection Cost in Jaipur, India
Various factors can be considered when determining the cost of IVF Injections or any other treatment. Not all treatments are expensive. I am a Jaipur resident, so I recommend the best IVF clinic. It is based on IVF success rate and affordability. The IVF cost in India varies between Rs 2.5 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs for a cycle. The IVF Cost in Jaipur varies between 1* Lakh and 1.20* Lakh for a cycle. The price of treatment can be affected by factors such as the cause of infertility and the treatment used to cure it.
It would be best if you did not choose a clinic solely because it is cheaper. Pay attention to the Fertility Specialist, who will take care of you, your success rate, and the clinic’s reputation. You must also look out for the cost of IVF treatment in India. It is less expensive than other countries. Talk with any couple who went through the IVF treatment to confirm their experience. Ask any couple who has had IVF treatment, and they will let you know that it is the best decision.